We currently distribute the karaKB software exclusively on a 32GB USB 3.1 Sandisk CruzerFit mini flash drive called the karaKEY
The karaKEY currently provides a full implementation of Debian 9.5 Stretch including:
- The karaKB musical software which will allow you to instantly start playing virtually any song and practice alone or in a group using single and multitrack MIDI files in one of karaKB's two versatile modes;
- Pretuning of the underlying GNU/Linux operating system in order to allow for real time audio & MIDI experience;
- Several preinstalled open source MIDI & audio programs (sequencers, sound editors, etc);
- 2 preinstalled open source sample based software synthesizers (Fluidsynth & Timidity);
- A trial version of Pianoteq, an extraordinary physically modelled acoustic/electric virtual piano;
- Preinstalled JACK audio connection kit.
Please note that you do not strictly need an external MIDI keyboard to use the software, however your experience will be much more rewarding if you do.
Note also that you will need a 64 bits computer with access to the administrator mode of the BIOS/UEFI.
Debian 9.5 Stretch is shipped with persistence capability, which means that:
- The system will run in RAM for faster data access, as in any Live system;
- Just like with any Live GNU/Linux implementation, the system will automatically detect and adapt to your computer's hardware;
- Due to the preinstalled persistence, all your configuration changes and file saving will be maintained as in an ordinary fixed disk based installation, as opposed to a basic Live implementation.
In addition to the persistence partition, the remaining space on the USB key contains another standard ext4 partition where you can install programs and store files permanently.
The karaKEY has a 30 days full money back warranty with no request for justification.
The karaKEY is sold through Paypal exclusively
(a protection for you) at €129 only, fast delivery costs included for